Did you know…? There are 3 kinds of Epic Wins.
1. MEASURABLE WINS
Do you have a very clear goal in mind for yourself? A goal that you can count and measure?
Here are some examples:
- Lose the first 10 pounds.
- Run a 5K race.
- Go 30 days without needing my asthma inhaler.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night for one week.
Those are measurable wins. You’ll know exactly when you’ve achieved it!
You don’t have to get all the way to SuperBetter in one measurable win. Start small and take the first step. When you’ve achieved it, pick an even bigger epic win.
2. “REWARD” WINS
You’re on the road to getting SuperBetter. So what are the rewards along the way?
Think of something you don’t feel ready to do now… but you really want to do, as soon as possible!
- If you’re getting over a concussion, maybe it’s a physical activity you love, but have to avoid for now.
- If you’re losing weight, maybe it’s something smashing or dashing you want to wear.
- If you’re working through an illness, maybe it’s a day trip you want to take.
- If you’re quitting smoking, maybe it’s a smoke-free party you want to throw after you’ve gone two weeks without a cigarette.
Whatever it is, it’s something you’ll be proud of and enjoy. Once you’ve got your first win under your belt, you can start planning for even bigger rewards!
3. “SOMETHING AWESOME” WINS
Forget the challenge you’re up against for a minute. What’s something awesome you’d love to do? It can be anything at all.
- Learn something new: cooking, a foreign language, the guitar, or salsa dancing.
- Tackle a creative goal: make a video, record a song, design clothes, make a quilt, or write a book.
- Plan a dream trip.
- Raise money for a favorite cause or charity.
Whatever it is, the thought of trying to do it gets you super-excited… and motivated to find out what you’re really capable of.
“Something Awesome” wins are great for players who are facing challenges like chronic pain, a long recovery from an illness or injury, depression, anxiety, or stress.
SO WHICH EPIC WIN SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
That’s up to you! You’ll probably have the most fun if you pick different kinds of epic wins throughout your adventure. Maybe start with a measurable win, move on to a reward win, and then try for a something awesome win!